UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ENROLLING NEW PATIENTS. WE WILL UPDATE THE WEBSITE WHEN THIS CHANGES.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT AT BURWOOD HEALTH
- We ask that only 1 person attends an appointment (if required, please only bring 1 support person to your appointment)
- Could your appointment be a phone consultation? If you do not need to see the doctor face-to-face, we encourage our patients to access other consultation options such as a phone consultation. Your doctor will call you at the time of your appointment.
- You are required to wear a mask at all times within the practice. We are asking that all patients please wear a surgical mask rather than a cloth mask (please speak to our reception team if you need a surgical mask)
- Due to the current COVID-19 Omicron outbreak in New Zealand, we are asking that patients please wait in their car when they arrive for an appointment. Please phone our reception team on 03 383 0219 to advise that you have arrived for your appointment. Your doctor or nurse will phone you when it is your appointment time.
We understand that this a stressful time for everyone and our team will do everything they can to assist you.
Please be patient as we all try to navigate this outbreak.
TO FIND OUT MORE PLEASE VISIT OUR
COVID-19 INFORMATION PAGE
Burwood Health now has available the 2022 Influenza Vaccine!
Flu clinics are being held daily between 12:30pm and 1:30pm.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL.
Please contact our reception team to secure your vaccination today.
FUNDED FLU VACCINES ARE AVAILABLE FOR
MAORI & PACIFIC ISLAND PATIENTS AGED OVER 55 YEARS
Please phone reception to organise your appointment 03 383 0219
NURSE PRACTITIONER INTERN
Burwood Health is fortunate to have Sarah C, one of our practice nurses, training to be a Nurse Practitioner at the practice this year.
As a Nurse Practitioner Intern, Sarah is able to see patients at the practice under the guidance of her clinical supervisor. Nurse Practitioner Interns are able to see patients at all ages and stages of life, the same as your usual doctor.
Consultations will be for approximately 30 minutes, where Sarah can:
- discuss your medical history
- undertake necessary diagnostic testing (including blood tests and xrays)
- review any complex chronic conditions (such as diabetes and hypertension)
- discuss women’s health, men’s health and family planning
- refer to other health care providers, including the practice’s Health Improvement Practitioner and Health Coach
- assist patients in their health journey
Once your appointment is completed, your case will be reviewed by Sarah and her clinical supervisor. This is an important part of a Nurse Practitioner Intern’s training as it allows for further recommendations, guidance and education to develop their skillset and medical knowledge.
If you would like to book an appointment with Sarah C, please contact our reception team.
AVAILABLE: Tuesday 9am – 12pm, Thursday 9am -12pm, Thursday 2pm – 5pm, Friday 9am – 12pm
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
The staff of Burwood Health are here to assist you and your family achieve your health and wellbeing goals.
The practice has a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to any verbal, aggressive or violent abuse and behaviour towards staff or patients.
If a patient or any person who attends an appointment at the practice is abusive or aggressive towards staff and/or other patients, the police will be notified and you may be removed from our enrolled patients list.
EMAILS TO THE PRACTICE
Please be aware that any emails sent to the practice will be reviewed within 2 business days.
Please DO NOT send any urgent requests for appointments or ongoing health concerns via email.
We encourage patients to please call the practice on 03 383 0219 if you need urgent assistance.
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS AND BOOSTERS
Burwood Health is not currently offering any COVID-19 Vaccinations or Booster (this includes children).
Our vision is to provide you with the highest standards of personalised healthcare, ensuring you’re treated with respect, warmth and genuine kindness. The focus of general practice is changing, and we now do a lot more than just help patients when they’re unwell or injured. We also believe in empowering you to take care of your own health, whether that’s keeping up with immunisations, reducing risk factors and screening for disease, or simply encouraging you to monitor your exercise with a Fitbit!
NEW PATIENT ENROLMENTS
We are currently NOT accepting new patient enrolments.
However, if you have moved to Christchurch and do not have a doctor, please phone reception to discuss.
For practice’s that are currently enrolling new patients, please visit www.pegasus.health.nz/gp-locator/
We apologize for this inconvenience, but please check back with us in the future.
For patient convenience, we offer a range of options for prescription requests.
Please be aware, that all requests for a prescriptions without a consultation will incur a fee.
To arrange a prescription or to find out more, please click here
SOUTHERN CROSS EASY-CLAIM PROVIDER
Burwood Health is now a Southern Cross Easy-Claim provider. Please speak to our reception staff prior to your consultation to find out more.