Burwood Health is located opposite Ōruapaeroa (Travis Wetlands) on Mairehau Road and was opened in 2019 to the local community.
The practice has continued to grow with the local area and now offers an extensive range of services including:
- Childhood Immunisations
- Adult Immunisations
- Women’s Health Procedures
- Travel Vaccinations
- Diabetes Care
- Minor Surgery and more
The practice is currently offering enrolments to patients who meet the criteria. Please visit our New Patient Information page to find out more about enrolment criteria and doctors who are accepting new enrolments.
Burwood Health is a place of care and accepts people of all backgrounds, whilst ensuring a safe environment for consultations and support.
Farewell Dr Graeme Bennetts
Dr Graeme Bennetts will be hanging up his stethoscope at the end of December 2023.
His last consultation date is Friday 22nd December 2023
Dr Bennetts has been an integral member of Burwood Health since it first opened in November 2019, and was a key member in the creation of Burwood Health as we know it today.
Prior to joining Burwood Health, Dr Bennetts worked at Queenspark Healthcare where he has served the local community as a GP for over 20 years.
With a total of nearly 40 years of General Practice experience, Dr Bennetts has provided a wealth of knowledge and level of care to patients and their whānau that has helped to inspire a new generation of doctors.
Dr Bennetts will be missed greatly by his patients and the staff of Burwood Health and we wish him all the best for his retirement.
VIRTUAL AFTER HOURS APPOINTMENTS
WHAT TO DO IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 & THE PRACTICE IS NOT OPEN
If you test positive for Covid-19 and it is at the weekend, or over the holiday period and you cannot contact your doctor, you can do the following:
- If you are concerned about your symptoms, or are not coping with isolation, please contact Healthline on 0800 611 116.
- If you are eligible for antiviral medications you are able to access antiviral medication directly from certain pharmacies (https://www.healthpoint.co.nz)
Antiviral Medication Eligibility includes:
- 65 years or older
- 50 years or over and Maori or Pasifika
- Have not received a full primary course of Covid-19 vaccination (ie. 2 vaccinations)
- Have at least 3 high risk medical conditions
- Are severely immunocompromised
- Down Syndrome
- Have had previous admission to ICU or HDU with Covid-19
The dispensing pharmacies in our local area are:
- Eastern Pharmacy Aranui – 338 Pages Rd, Aranui (Ph: 03 388 8700)
- Unichem Prestons Pharmacy – 3/240 Marshlands Rd, Marshlands (Ph: 03 281 7889)
- Unichem Burwood Hospital Pharmacy – 300 Burwood Rd, Burwood (Ph: 03 383 7128)
- Unichem Belfast – 8/812 Main North Rd, Belfast (Ph: 03 323 8166)
- St Albans Pharmacy – 1073 Colombo St, Edgeware (Ph: 03 366 0404)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT AT BURWOOD HEALTH(Updated September 2022)
- If you do not have any respiratory symptoms at the time of your appointment you are welcome to come into reception to wait for your appointment.
- Masks are now optional (unless you have respiratory symptoms) while in the practice. However, we do strongly encourage patients to wear masks when in the practice for their own health.
- If you are unwell at the time of your appointment with any respiratory symptoms, including sore throat, cough, runny nose, aches and pains or fevers, please do not enter the practice. Please complete a Rapid Antigen Test within 6 hours of your appointment. If your test is negative, wait in your vehicle when you arrive and phone reception. If your RAT test is Positive, please contact the practice PRIOR to your appointment time to be triaged further by our team. If you do not have any of these tests available, please notify reception.
- Could your appointment be a phone consultation? If you do not need to see the doctor face-to-face, we encourage our patients to access other consultation options such as a phone consultation. Your doctor will call you at the time of your appointment.
We understand that this a stressful time for everyone and our team will do everything they can to assist you. Please be patient as we all try to navigate this outbreak.TO FIND OUT MORE PLEASE VISIT OUR COVID-19 INFORMATION PAGE